Friday, May 13, 2011

A Day with Dancing

5/9/11

Today started well. I was late for setting up breakfast, but I still stand by the fact that everyone else was early. But, we did breakfast and then our chores after worship.

Worship this morning was lovely. Just a simple service to start the day. After worship we went back to our chores and finished those up. Then we went into two sessions with our featured speaker. The first was about Revelation (OT) and the second about Jesus and the Human Condition. He is not the best presenter. Almost too much information, but I am gleaning from is what i can.

During coffee, I had fantastic conversation with some folks. It is amazing the depth of conversation that I have had with people.

After lunch, I got a book out of the library and then went for a walk with Jen and John. We went to the shop in which I wanted to buy EVERYTHING--every book, every CD, every piece of jewelry. I walked away with a few postcards and ONE book--something the man at the bookstore insisted I needed to read. I am sure I will be back for more.

After that, we went over to the Mac Center to the Art Room. I was expecting to see a bunch of people in there, but it was only us. Jen and I got into coloring with crayons on paper while John worked on his weaving. We enjoyed great times of conversation and discussion.

Then at dinner I sat with Karen (not roomie) and Moira--both very cool ladies. We had lots of inspiring and interesting conversations.

We had an interesting Session on "What is healing?" after dinner. It was intriguing to hear what people think about healing. Ultimately, the idea was that God is the one that heals but that we are the ones through whom God can work. This session was in preparation for our healing service the next evening.

Of course we had 9pm worship--it was prayers for the world service.

After worship, a few of us went down to the Ceilidh (pronounced Cay-lee). It is a Scottish dance. They taught us a bunch of dances in the town hall. It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment