Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tours and Tastings

Woke up this morning feeling like a rested, new woman!

After getting organized, I went over to the local coffee shop for breakfast and a REAL cup of coffee. Then I tried to take a driving tour around the northern part of the island. but there weren't enough of us to run the tour. But it worked out anyway. I took the bus up around the northern end for much cheaper. However, I wasn't able to hip on and hop off because there is only 2 buses a day around that route. This is an island definitely explored better by car or motorcycle. But I enjoyed what I was able to see.

Then I was able to catch an afternoon bus out to the Talisker Distillery and took a tour. It was really interesting. But while we were in there the temperature dropped and it started pouring rain. Waiting for the bus for an hour was not s fun but I got to know some lovely people as we huddled in the bus stop.

When I got back to the hostel I met my new roommate from ATLANTA and some new friends from Germany and NewZealand. The four of us hung out that evening. It is so interesting to meet such. Variety of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment