Sunday, May 15, 2011

ONE LAST DAY

Went to worship at the Abbey this morning and then I had the opportunity to show some new friends around the island. At dinner last night, I met 2 girls from Denmark and 1 girl from South Korea. They were asking about the best hike on the island and I told them they HAD to go to St. Columba's Bay. Then I offered to take them as I was planning on taking a hike in the morning anyway.

It was so fun to get a chance to show them around an island I have grown to love so deeply. Even though I had done that walk already, all the views and vistas still took my breath away.

After having dinner with the two girls from Denmark, I found out they are currently studying in Glasgow. We have exchanged information so when I go back to Glasgow at the end of my trip I will have friends to hang out with!

Worship at the Abbey this evening was very meaningful but very strange. A whole new crew of Iona folk have come on to the island and so for the first time in a week the Abbey church was filled with faces I didn't know. But, it didn't make me sad. It made me excited...for them. I wish them the same excitement, discovery, and renewal I have had.

It was a powerful service of Invitation to Seeking using candles and some AMAZING music.

No comments:

Post a Comment