Friday, May 6, 2011

Packing up

5/4/11

One word: EXCITED! The more I pack, the more excited I get. I am going over and over my packing lists (of course, I am a list person). I feel like I have everything, but I am sure I am missing something. But, honestly, I'm too ready to go to care. Whatever I don't have, I will buy while I'm over there!!

I am plotting out my journey to Iona and realize that in the course of 24 hours I will be on a plane, a train, a bus, and 2 boats! So amazing! It will be such a great opportunity to refresh and renew as well as experience a whole new culture for a month.

While I am nervous at times about going by myself, I am so grateful for the challenge of being alone and the way it will force me to talk to and get to know all kinds of people. This trip is an amazing gift and I know I will do everything to take advantage of it.

Up, up and away!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear about your journey! And, as I always seem to forget while attempting to fit the entire contents of my apartment into a suitcase, there will be stores when you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get anywhere near Arbroath, maybe you will have time to check out Kelly Castle. Enjoy your experience! Dave

    ReplyDelete